Acquire essential knowledge and skills to work in the travel and tourism industry and become an effective travel professional. Provide advice on flight, accommodation and tour products, and how to ensure travelers fulfill necessary travel requirements.
Foundation in Travel and Tourism Diploma
Acquire essential knowledge and skills to work in the travel and tourism industry and become an effective travel professional. Provide advice on flight, accommodation, and tour products, and how to ensure travelers fulfill necessary travel requirements. Improve your customer service and sales skills in order to better advise travel customers about when and where to travel based on their needs. Learn to use a global distribution system to create and manage reservations.
What you will learn
By completing this diploma you will be able to:
- Advise customers on passport and visa requirements, as well as on travel insurance options
- Promote services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel
- Interpret standard industry codes to plan and reserve travel itineraries
- Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products
- Provide good customer service and retain customer loyalty
- Use the Global Distribution System to make and maintain reservations and issue travel documents
Who should attend
- Travel agents
- Airline reservation agents
- Tour operators
- Call center agents
A candidate must achieve a passing mark of 60% on any course exam. A special distinction is awarded to candidates that obtain a distinction in all, or all but one, of all exams and assignments that make up this Diploma.
To receive the diploma candidates must complete
- 1 Elective course